Friday, May 11, 2007

Starting to come together...

OK, I'm very happy with the past 7 days, where the workouts are as follows:

5/5 - 10.7
5/6 - 3.5
5/7 - 7.1
5/8 - 9.4
5/9 - 7.8
5/10 - 6
5/11 - 10.4

55 miles, and with the exception of Sunday, met or exceeded all of my goals going in. On Sunday, I decided to wear a new pair of trainers (Adidas Supernova Classics), and they made my feet feel pain I've rarely experienced. Absolute torture! Well maybe not that bad, but it certainly wasn't good. So I will try and work them into warm-ups, cooldowns or just walking in them to try and break them in a bit. Not giving up on them just yet. Wednesday's run was the only fast one of the past week, with a nice 19:30 ish 5k near the end. Still no real speed workouts yet, just some MP type efforts, but I really like my fitness level, and feel very confident that I'll be able to handle the greater volume as well as a bit more intensity that this summer's plan will entail.

Yes, this summer. I had my meeting w/ the H.S. Cross Country Coach and her assistant yesterday, and will be working with the kids through their volunteer summer running program. I'll help with the evening runs (M,T & R @ 6:00 pm), and also lead a Saturday trail run. They don't want the kids running any more than 8 miles per day. That's fine, and since the trail runs would start 2.5 miles from my house, there's no way I shouldn't be able to run the extra 5 there-back. So I guess I'll be doing some doubles this summer, no biggie. I'm looking forward to running with the kids and helping the team out. They also have 5k races for parents @ two of the meets this fall, on Sept 1 and the 29th. Again, that should fit into my schedule no problem.

Other good news - the Janesville 1/2 marathon has been moved back this year to it's traditional date of mid-September, 22 days before TCM, so running it should provide no problems for me. As for the TCM, I signed up for it last Sunday, and just need to get my time from Lakefront 2005 faxed to the TCM folks so I can get a preferred starting spot.

No comments: