Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Weekly Report

I seem to be posting every 6-7 days now. The running has still been up and down. My ankle feels fine, but my wrist is giving me fits. It doesn't really bother me when I run, but throughout the rest of the day it aches and if I move it just so, I have shooting pain. Good thing running doesn't involve intricate use on your wrist.

I actually feel like I've turned a corner this week with the running. Sunday found me running a solid 5 miles at 6:30 pace, and yesterday I ran 9 miles and this morning 7+, with 5 @ MP (6:47). It sure is nice running in 40 degree weather and not having to worry about the snow and ice. As long as we get no major storms, we should be fine for 8 months or so...

So I guess that I haven't forgotten how to run fast, and all of those slow miles the past 3 months have done me some good. I know better, and if and when my wrist does heal, I'd like to start doing some lifting to get stronger. I got the online application for Syttende Mai yesterday, so now I have to see what I'm planning on doing in the next 66 days. I should be ready by then, and running a pace somewhere between my two fast workouts this week seems about right. That would work out to a 2:12 for 20 miles. I'd be very happy with that. I also got online and saw that registration for the Twin Cities Marathon starts online on May 4. The website says that the field fills in about 15 days, so I'll need to register before I actually run Syttende Mai on the 19th. I am looking forward to training this summer.

Track practice started for my son's HS team this week, and he seems to be enjoying it. My daughter hasn't started middle school workouts yet, but I hope she'll start running on her own this weekend. Mustn't push things with her, let her do it on her own.

No comments: