Thursday, March 22, 2007

weekly report

For work every Friday I have to publish a weekly report on Excel of my activities for the week. So I guess I'll do that here documenting my running activities for the past 8 days.

R 3/15-Another Thursaday Day off
F 3/16-3 neighborhood loops, 7:30 pace
S 3/17-10 miles in about 80 minutes, got really cold @ the end (19 degrees)
N 3/18-3 miles, didn't feel like doing any more
M 3/19-7.6 miles, ran 1st 5 miles in slightly under 7:00 pace
T 3/20-6.8 miles easy
W3/21-cold rain, so took the day off
R 3/22-7.7 miles, w/ 1st 5 miles in 6:44 pace

So while I'm still doing rather unstructured types of runs, I'm getting out there and doing some tempo type runs, and trying to get some long runs in. I think we may be done with the tights and hat and gloves weather, so this is indeed a good thing. In fact, it was 57 degrees this morning @ 5:30, and I almost went without a shirt. Good thing it's still dark at that time of day...

I'm averaging exactly 40 miles per week since the 1st of the year, and have taken 14 days off in 12 weeks. Syttende Mai is now 58 days away, so I want to make sure I get some 12-15 mile runs in on upcoming Saturdays. Once the 1st of April comes around, I plan on a more structured form of training, that would mimic the Hanson's marathon training plan that I'll begin in June, but not as intense or as high mileage. I'm thinking the following:

Sun - easy recovery run 6-7 miles
Mon- steady run 7-8 m
Tue- tempo workout, 8 miles total - build tempo from 20 minutes up to 30-35
Wed- off or easy and short recovery run
Thu- marathon pace workout, 7-9 miles total (my MP is.... 6:40/mile)
Fri - easy recovery 6-7 m
Sat - long run 10-15 miles

So if I can get this down, I'm looking @ 45-50 mpw, and the three SOS (something of substance) workouts that are the foundation of the Hanson's plan are being built in. Then after a small recovery period following the race May 19, I'll be ready to go June 3rd. I wantto average 55-60 mpw for this training plan, so I need to be hitting 50 pretty regularly in April and May.

No comments: