Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Is anybody out there?

I'm really not writing this for anyone else to read, but I'd like to try and figure out how to maybe get someone to comment once and a while - without going to other people's sites and saying "Come read my blog!" If anyone is reading, just say hi and I'll feel better!

Anyways, my ankle sprain was both better and worse than I thought it was. I was able to baby it and not do a whole lot of walking/running throughout the weekend, and was able to resume normal running on Monday. However, half way through my run this morning, it really started bothering me, so much so I almost considered just stopping. Since I run loops and was only 2-3 blocks from home, it would have been real easy to do that. Instead I slowed down a bit, and resumed running, and actually ran 8.2 miles, which is just about as long as I've run all year. It's weird that I'm averaging 7 miles a day, but my longest run thus far is only 8.25 miles. I guess that means I am really consistent. The weather is still a bit iffy. Not nearly as cold as it's been (though yesterday morning it was 4 degrees), but still snowy and slick ice spots are all around. I go really slow as I go around corners and approach intersections. Relief is supposed to be in site, with temps getting into the low 50s next week. That means 30 degree temps for my morning runs, which I can handle, as long as the melting snow doesn't create too many icy spots.

Still waiting for a bit before I begin the faster tempo workouts. My son has started track practice, and the middle distance runners are doing 3-4 mile runs that are probably too fast, but I'm not going to get into it. I will have my daughter start her workouts this weekend by running 2-3 miles nice and easy. She's got 4+ weeks before her middle school track starts, so she's got plenty of time to get in shape.

No comments: